St. Joseph’s Catholic School provides a well-Christ-centered foundation serving 2K through sixth grade. We are a tight-knit community with a mission to serve families of central Georgia. Located in downtown Macon, our campus is a short commute from several counties and boasts a combination of enriching learning opportunities for elementary students rarely found in areas south of Atlanta. Read ahead to learn about the characteristics that make St. Joseph’s a leading choice for Middle Georgia families:
We prioritize an individualized experience for your student. Parents praise St. Joseph’s for the care and attention directed toward each child’s journey of learning. With an average student to teacher ratio of 8:1 and an average class size of 16, each student has ample space and to establish a rapport with their teachers and bond closely with their peers.
Financial aid is widely available and encouraged. Did you know that over 30% of St. Joseph’s students receive financial aid? We believe that qualifying students deserve access to a quality education at our school regardless of financial ability, which is why we awarded over $100,000 dollars in financial aid to families for academic year 2020-21.
We tailor educational options to meet families’ changing needs.
- Currently we offer virtual and in-person education options
- Extended day program
- Academic support (tutoring, test prep) and Advanced Placement Electives
- Early Childhood Program for ages 2 and up.
Our team of faculty, staff, and administrators are highly qualified, innovative educators.
- 60 percent of St. Joseph’s faculty hold advanced degrees.
- All teachers are certified by the state of Georgia and devote a minimum of 140 hours to continuing education coursework every five years
- All teachers are certified in basic catechesis courses. Religion teachers take advanced catechesis courses.
We offer engaging enrichment opportunities in STEM, Foreign Languages, and Fine Arts.
- Spanish and Latin languages
- STEM activities such as robotics, science and engineering, and coding clubs
- Art and music
- Computer and library
Our rigorous and challenging preparatory focus gives students long term advantages in high school and college.
- We work closely with Mount de Sales Academy to offer a seamless transition to middle and high school.
- 80% of students perform above national average on standardized testing.
We believe that diversity strengthens our educational environment.
- diversity of faith – 57% Catholic; 43% other faith
- diversity of socioeconomic background – breaking financial barriers for high-achieving students
- diversity of location – 178 students from 10 Georgia counties
- diversity of ethnicities – 25% of student population represent
We offer a wide variety of extracurricular activities to engage and challenge your student.
- Chess and scrabble, agriculture, K-Kids, student government, basketball, scouting, and missions.
- Elective opportunities bring business and community leaders to the school for engaging activities, projects, talks, and performances.
St. Joseph’s Catholic School boasts longstanding historic tradition for educational excellence in Middle Georgia.
- Founded in 1872 by the Sisters of Mercy
- Recognized as the first unit of the public school system
- We welcome families of all faiths.
We would love to welcome your family to the SJS school community. Contact our admissions office today at email@example.com or (478) 742.0636.